Inspired by a posting over at Ministry to Children, I thought I’d post my newly written job description for those who are still working on their own. It’s a new thing we’re doing at our church, and a great idea for anyone who is structuring their ministry for growth!
Children’s Ministry Director
HOURS: 15 hours a week.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a member in good standing.
- A desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- Preferably have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To ignite a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ and to equip the kids for the spiritual battle they are in. Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children. Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading as well as provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to mission field. To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Biblical based life style among the children.
Responsible to the Board of Ministries, working directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. The position will be evaluated every 6 months.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the Children’s ministries that include: Wednesday Night Ministries, Children’s Church, Special Events, Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Maintain ministry’s section on website.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the local church and her mission as well as the ministries of the worldwide work of the C&MA.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community