This week, we’ve been celebrating Purim (the official date is February 23rd this year)! The kids (preschool and toddler age) have been having a blast learning all about Queen Esther. Here’s some of the activities we’ve been working on:
Monday: Introduction to Esther
- Reading about Esther in The Preschool Bible
- Making Hamantaschen (check out the tutorial here)
- Esther Coloring Page (I found a beautiful at Bible Kids)
Coloring Queen Esther
Tuesday: Esther’s Beauty Treatments
For this day, I had two preschool age girls at the house, so beauty treatments were easy to pull off. If you have boys, you might have to get a little more creative!
- Nail Painting
- Lotion on hands
- Combing hair
- Talking about taking care of our bodies
- Esther was beautiful inside and out (people favored her because she was kind and polite)
Beauty treatments fit for a queen!
Wednesday: Cast of Characters
Today, we talked about the different characters and acted out the story. I was planning on making stick puppets from these figures, but the kids loved dressing up and acting it out themselves, so we stuck with that. We also made graggers and listened to a 1 minute Queen Esther Story that I downloaded from Amazon.
- More Esther Coloring Pages from “What’s in the Bible?”
- Making Graggers of our paper plates
- Listening to the story on audio
Queen Esther and Haman
Shaking the Graggers!
Thursday: In the Castle
- Crown Craft
- Sceptor Craft (find directions here)
- Building a castle out of blocks
Friday: Summary and Review
- Working on Memory Verse
- What’s in the Bible Video (get coupon below!)
- Acting out Story with Puppets or Dress-up (again)
- Talking about Feelings (Mad, Embarassed, Scared, Happy)