I hope that you’ve found the series on Classroom Management helpful. I’ll be closing out the series today with some helpful online articles as well as books. If you have a favorite resource, I’d love to hear about it!
- Smart Classroom Management
- The Teacher’s Guide: Classroom Management
- Management Monday Link-Up by What the Teacher Wants
- Suesstastic Classroom Inspirations
- Coffee, Kids, and Compulsive Lists (blog)
- Not So Wimpy Teacher’s Guide (blog)
- 37 Insanely Smart Teacher Hacks
- Discouraging Disruptive Behavior in the Classroom
- What to do with misbehavior kids that have no respect
- 10 Classroom Management Tricks that Work
- Free Noise-O-Meter pattern and instructions from Really Good Stuff
- Sunday School Classroom Discipline (tons of articles here)
- Spy-Theme Talk-O-Meter Idea at Create Art with Me
- Using Popsicle Sticks in the Classroom
- Setting up Rules and Routines (National Educational Association)
- Square Pegs: Helping Kids with Aspersers
- Goodbye Popscile Sticks, Hello Card-o-Matic
- How to Handle Students that Complain and Talk Back by Smart Classroom Management
- Get Smart with Your Discipline
- Discipline Tips for Kids Ministry by Ministry to Children
- Classroom Discipline Problem Solver by George Watson: This book is a little dated, but it still has a few good ideas in it. It’s certainly worth a browse, but not worth buying. Check to see if your library has copy.
- First Days of School by Henry Wong: This is a terrific foundational book for any teacher. It explains the notion of procedures and breaks down the steps to becoming an effective teacher into something that is easy to manage.
- Creating Effective Classroom Routines: Geared toward the younger age group, this would be a great book for people looking to revamp their classroom structure or tweak few procedures already in place.
Flickr by Resurrection Lutheran Church
Pinterest Boards to Follow
- Children’s Church Discipline
- Classroom Rewards
- Classroom Songs
- Classroom Signs to Recreate
- Classroom Signs