This month, we took a closer look at Daniel in our Children’s Church program.
In Daniel 1, Daniel and his friends refuse to eat food offered to idols and opt for vegetables and water instead. Ironically, my husband and I had just begun the “Daniel Fast” in order to pray for Rock the Lakes, so I had a little more insight into the pressure and temptation Daniel might have faced!
For our craft, we had kids pick out healthy food (we were going for just veggies, but that didn’t really work out) from magazines and glue them onto a paper plate.
Cut and Glue!
Kids also had the option of drawing food onto their plate if they’d rather.
More Daniel Stuff:
- Lion’s Den Paper based craft from Ministry to Children
- Daniel and the Lion’s Den Teaching Script
- Daniel and the Lion’s Den Little People Video
- Fiery Furnace: Lesson Prop
- Magnificent Tales: Daniel and the Lion’s Den (book review)