Welcome to Day #8 of my 31 Days of Bible Crafts Series! To check out all the Bible craft posts in one glance, head over to this post. Today, we’ll be talking about a craft which coordinates with a lesson about King Josiah and the rebuilding of the temple (found in 2 Kings 22).
What You Need:
- Coloring Page of Temple
- Construction Paper
- Laminator (optional)
What You Do:
Print off a coloring page for every kid in your class.
Cut up the page into puzzle piece shapes. You might want to put each “puzzle” in its own ziploc to keep things straight!
Distrubute the puzzle pieces to the kids, along with a piece of construction paper. Have the kids glue the pieces onto the construction paper as they are assembling them.
If you have a laminator, go ahead and laminate here. I did not have a laminator at the time, but have since bought one and laminate everything I can get my hands on! (Check the links below for the one I use).
Once the project is laminated, kids can cut the along the pieces again and redo the puzzle (and now it is nice and sturdy!)
What About You?
How do you use puzzles in your ministry? Do you make your own?
- Kidmo Video about Josiah
- The Kingdom Divided Lesson and Craft
- Coloring page or figures for stick puppets (King Josiah)
- My Children’s Ministry Pinterest Board
- King Josiah Lesson from Mission Bible Class
- Hands-On Bible Curriculum: Josiah Repairs the Temple
- Totally Great (and reasonably priced) laminator (affliate link)