I’ve been reading through the book, Homeschool Your Child for Free in preparation for our official homeschool start this Fall.
Though the book is a bit outdated, it is still chock full of terrific resources and things to check out. I picked it up at our local library, but this might be one resource I need to buy and have on hand. Here’s a few of the things I’m definitely going to check out.
32 Homeschool Websites to Check Out
- How to Get Started in Homeschooling (includes needed memberships and home management suggestions)
- Organized Home: Homeschool without living in a pigsty!
- An Old Fashioned Education
- Simply Charlotte Mason
- I Know That: Cross-curriculum activities for preschool through grade 6. Online games.
- Kindergarten Readiness Checklist
- K-12 Core Lesson Plans
- Scholastic Lesson Plans
- Teacher Lesson Plan Exchange
- Curriculum in a Click: A new unit study every week
- Eclectic Homeschool: Online magazine
- Field Trip Factory: Find field trips in your area and learn how to schedule them
- Annenberg Media: Educational videos on demand
- Virtual Homeschool Group: Free online classes for homeschoolers
- Language Arts Teaching Themes: based on literature series
- National and State Standards
- PBS Teachers: a gold mine for educators!
- Handwriting Worksheets: custom make your own!
- Children’s Literature Site: teach using children’s books
- Story Online: Books read by well-known actors (check out Harry the Dirty Dog read by Betty White!)
- StarFall.com : Reading lessons for kids
- Pizza Hut Book it Program: Pizza for reading? Yes please.
- Imagination Factory: lots of art ideas!
- History Lessons and Activities
- Laura’s Prairie House: activities to accompany the Little House books
- 50 States Activities and Games
- Free Children’s Music
- Lesson Plans for Music: organized by grade level
- Piano Lessons: For any level
- Time Magazine for Kids
- Arts for the Classroom: Humanities brought to you by PBS
Let Me Know What You Think!
Now, I haven’t actually checked any of these out yet, so if you beat me to it — be sure to let me know what you think in the comments! I am finding that a lot of the suggested websites in the book are actually gone, so I’m rethinking that whole buying thing.