Welcome to day #9 of my 31 days of Bible-based crafts series. You can find all the of the posts from 2014 here or you can check out the full list of Bible crafts from 2013 as well. Today, I’ll be featuring a craft based on John 3:16. It’s also a great craft to use for Valentines Day or for 1 John 4:8 (God is Love).
What You Need:
- Paper Plate
- Green and Blue Paint
- Heart Hole Puncher (might be wise to prepunch a bunch)
- Red Construction Paper
What You Do:
- Begin by having kids paint the plate as a planet Earth with the green and blue paints. As the paint, talk about how God made all things. Ask them what some of their favorite things are in the world.
- Explain that God loved the world so much that He sent His son, Jesus to take care of the sin problem. Read through John 3:16 with the kids.
- Pass out hearts to the kids and have them glue them onto the world.
- Write “God Loves the World” on top and “John 3:16” along the bottom.
More John 3:16 Resources
p.s. If you love these crafts, be sure to hop on over to Kidology to check out the new book, Bright Ideas, which features a few a of our craft ideas as well! Use the code: SAVE5LW to get $5 off!!