Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas season and had a Happy New Year! I ended up staying up till midnight despite climbing into bed at 10:00 due to the rowdy next door neighbors. I’ll take that over Friday night when my husband and I were both suffering from food poisoning or a nasty stomach bug. That would have a been a terrible way to bring in the New Year!
Things have been “out of sorts” at the Whitney house as we celebrate the Christmas season, prepare and execute a Christmas play, and deal with the passing of my grandma. I’m hoping to settle into more of a “normal” routine as 2012 approaches (as long as the world doesn’t end that is!) and hope to keep the postings on here a bit more regular!
In the meantime, I’ve been trying to catch up with my GIANT stack of books including (but not limited to):
- Stretch by Jim Wideman (SO HELPFUL!)
- The New Strong Willed Child by Jim Dobson (give you any clue about our two year old?)
- One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda
- The Blogging Church
- Nudge by Leonard Sweet (haven’t started yet)
- Simple Church (halfway though, still promising)