We’re in lesson seven in our Catechism curriculum with the kids in our midweek program. Here’s what we have covered so far this quarter (click through for more lesson details):
- Where do you learn how to love and obey God?
- Who Wrote the Bible?
- Following God’s Path
- Who were the first people?
- Who did God create people?
- What did God give Adam and Eve?
- Do you have a soul?
This week, we will be tackling Question #22 in the Catechism for Boys and Girls, but as I mentioned before, we will be adjusting the wording a bit.
Q: Describe Adam and Eve at the Beginning of Time
A: God made them Holy and Happy
Supporting Scripture: 2 Peter 3:11b
During our lesson, we’ll touch on these key points:
- When God made Adam and Eve, they lived in a perfect world.
- They were created with holy and sinless hearts
- They were happy because they were holy — they loved and obeyed God.
- Unfortunately, they did not stay holy and happy.
- Adam and Eve disobeyed and introduced sin into the world and now, everyone suffers from the problem of a sinful heart.
- A sinful heart is a big problem because it keeps us from loving and obeying God.
- God solved the problem of our sinful hearts through his perfect son, Jesus, who took the punishment for our sins.
More Games and Activities
For this question and answer, there are three main ideas you could focus on: Adam and Eve, Sinful Hearts, and Salvation.
Adam and Eve Crafts and Games
The Creation Felt Story Craft (Printable) by Keeping Life Creative
There’s no instructions or printable for this, but I think you can figure it out from the picture.
More Lessons and Coloring Pages About Adam and Eve
Sinful Heart Crafts and Activities
This contains a number of games and activities, including making your own heart shaped soap! (p.s. To my team members — I do have a heart shaped silicone mold if anyone wants to use it!)
Salvation Crafts and Activities