For our big Easter Outreach this year, we’re planning on hosting an outdoor Easter Egg Hunt in the side yard at our church. Here’s the schedule so far:
- 10:00 Welcome and Registration
- 10:15 Younger Kids (ages 6 and under) Egg Hunt
- 10:30 Older Kids (ages 7-10) Egg Hunt
- 10:45 Inside for Refreshments (Coloring pages also available on tables if kids want to color)
- 11:00 Church Service Starts (all are invited, of course!)
Here’s a few other things we’re planning:
- Having live bunnies available if kids want to pet them or take pictures with them during registration or when they are waiting for their Egg Hunt.
- Separating the yard into two hunt zones so the younger kids have a smaller space to find eggs, and so we can hide some eggs farther out in the yard for the older kids without having to rehide them all in between hunts.
- Having a puppet show and song time during each hunt for other kids to watch and participate in while they are waiting for their turn to hunt
- Getting our eggs at Plastic Easter Eggs, a family run company that fills 1,000 eggs and ships them to you for $136! Sounds like a great plan to me! Yikes, it looks like the deadline for ordering from them is today!
- Handing out an “Orientation” sheet to all the parents at Registration, stating the rules and schedule and also telling them about the church’s kids programs.
- Taking a family picture at Registration and then emailing it to families after the event as a way of follow-up.
- Inviting all the families to an Easter Egg Coloring Event that Wednesday during our Kids for Christ program.
What are your big Easter Plans?