Have you noticed the advertisement for David C. Cook’s Home Front in the right hand corner of my home page? Well, I’m thrilled to announce that David Cook has chosen to sponsor Growing Kids Ministry for the next year! During that year, I’ll be highlighting some of their resources in posts like this. Today, I wanted to share some details about their Home Front magazine — an online resource for parents. It’s packed with 24 pages of family faith ideas, traditions to try, conversations starters and articles on parenting and marriage. Best of all, it’s FREE!
As I browsed through this full color magazine on my Kindle Fire (you can learn how to email documents to your Kindle here or you can sign up for the monthly newsletter and download directly from the monthly email), I was absolutely amazed at all the great content!
Here’s a few features from the October 2012 Issue:
- Ideas for starting (or continuing) family faith time
- Setting up a Harvest Offering in order to give to others
- Create: Making a gospel-centered craft for a child’s backpack (my favorite article)
- Story about Haiti and some Haiti facts in the “Global” section
- A great story about slowing down and spending time with your kids
- Devotional ideas for even the littlest ears (ages 3 and under) in “Tot Time”
- Ways to build faith muscles for kids in grades 6-8