I spotted a great article in the June issue of Woman’s Day for saving on Summer fun. In the spirit of my recent staycation post, I thought I’d share the ideas with readers!
Visit a National Park
- Many have free or cheap ($3) admission
- Check for a park near you at nps.gov
- Check to see if the Kids Bowl Free program is in your area
- In Erie, check the “Save Around Erie” book for some great BOGO deals
- Since kids usually take FOREVER to bowl, this activity could last all afternoon!
- I think I mentioned checking out KOA.com before, but you can also head to freecampgrounds.com to find a great site.
- Don’t forget, June 23rd is the official celebration for the Great American Campout! Start planning now!
Festivals of Fun
- Erie is FULL of festivals in the Summer, but you might want to take a road trip and check out something new.
- National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, NY is September 1st-2nd (not quite summer, but worth it still!)
- Hamburger Festival in Akron, OH is August 18th-19th.
- Find one that you’re excited about!