Here’s some great parenting articles and resources I found while surfing around the web this week.
Hope they are helpful to you!
- Three Things Your Children Need From You: post from Mark Merril’s blog
- Screen Free Resources (did you miss the official “NO TV” week? No fear! You can celebrate anytime)
- Be the Dad Today: Follow on facebook for daily tips on connecting with your kids
- Get Kids to Listen without Yelling (free webinar)
- Family Night Ideas
Keeping Your Kids Safe (mind and body)
- Common Sense Media Reviews and Ratings: Is that appropriate for children? Find out here! This site reviews music, movies, books, TV shows, and more!
- Parent Alert: Do your kids know how to handle pervs? Check out this first-hand account
- The Difference Between Tattling and Telling: An important issue
- Parenting the Online Generation: how much information is too much?
Taking a Break
If you and your spouse are looking for some time away to rekindle the flame, be sure to check out MomTrusted. They are a community connecting parents with child care and early education providers in their area. The service is free for parents to search for and hire care providers (no subscription fee, etc). Whether you need a Nanny, one-time sitter, or preschool, this site is worth taking a look at. You can chat online with other moms in the area (perhaps finding a stay-at-home mom friend!), check out reviews for local preschools and see ratings on sitters. Some providers show pictures of their facilities and even outline a daily schedule. There doesn’t seem to be too much up for the Erie area, but maybe in some of the larger cities you’d have better luck!