For the past few years, we’ve been spending Monday mornings at a local park, reading stories and doing simple crafts with kids. This year, we’re trying something a little different. We’ll be focusing on art projects and structuring the program as more of an open house so parents can come and go as their schedule allows. I’ll be posting soon about our art projects of choice, but I thought I’d salute the past by doing a round-up of last year’s books and projects in case you’re looking for some great summer literacy projects!
- Books Read: Dino Wash Deluxe and Dinosaur Roar!
- Craft: Sponge Painting
- See more details and full post here
- Books: I’m a Little Seed, 5 Little Seeds
- Craft: Sticker Garden
- See more activities, songs and full post here
- Books: Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza
- Craft: Paper Plate Pizza
- See more activities, fingerplays, and full post here
- Books: Crunching Munching Caterpillar, The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Crafts: Butterfly
- Activities, Fingerplays and more!
This would be a great way to do some learning fun with your little one over the summer!