I was just browsing through this month’s issue of Parent Life Magazine when I saw the following craft idea. I was reminded of a comment I just read from a fellow blogger about being trapped inside with a busy toddler because of several rainy days. I thought I’d post this for her and any other rainy-day readers out there!
Rainy Day Fun: Chalk and Rain
- Paper Plate (heavy, uncoated, not shiny)
- Colored Chalk or chalk pastels
- Cosmetic sponge or paintbrush
- Carry the paper plate outdoors in the rain. Allow the plate to soak well, and then bring it back in to your workspace.
- Draw freely with any kind of chalk
- The rain-soaked plate with cause the chalk to soften a little and will significantly brighten the chalk-marks
- When the drawing is dry, brush chalk liens with cosmetic sponge or paintbrush to smooth and blend the colors
Taken originally from the book Art with Anything: 52 Weeks of Fun Using Everyday Stuff.
Pick up some chalk at Amazon!