- Browse in the hopelessly outdated Family Friendly Section
- Browse in the new releases and constantly be assaulted by offensive, scary, or otherwise unwholesome movie covers
Redbox is a little better, but still not always “family friendly”. That’s why I was thrilled to hear about Mommy Bear Media. Though it’s not a rental site, every movie on the site is PG-13 or below. Here’s what the “About Us” page says:
Welcome to Mommy Bear Media! We are so glad you found us. We are a small family company dedicated to make shopping for your next favorite movie a good experience.
What makes our website different than any other website is that we only carry the “good stuff.” What we mean by that is that we only have movies that are:
- No R, NC-17, TV-MA ratings
- Selective PG-13 and TV-14 ratings
- Not too much sex, violence, etc.
- If the movie or tv show is on www.commonsensemedia.org, we only include it if it’s green age 14 or lower (that means movies they say are “on” for ages 14 and under)
- High quality
- Are worth watching
- Have a good message
Taking A Look
As I watched the series, I remembered why I loved it so much. This show does a great job blending kid-like antics with real-life troubles. Within the first three shows, topics such as death of an acquaintance, class differences, job loss and job fulfilment are all covered. The producers make the problem real enough to drive home a point, but not overwhelmingly so. It would be a great show for preteens to watch with their parents or older kids to watch on their own.
Thinking about getting a movie for an upcoming Family Night? Head to Mommy Bear Media! With fast, free shipping — you’ve got nothing to lose (except the nightmares from looking at all those movie covers!).
* This post was added to the Simply Better Tuesday Link-up. *