So we’re a little less than three months away from our Big Event (VBS) and I’m trying to focus on crafts this week. As usual, Group struck out big in the craft department. Especially when it comes to the cost-factor. So, I did a little digging around online to try to find some alternative ideas for our Marketplace.
Here’s a few good websites I discovered:
- Egyptian Costuming (including headbands, amulets, bracelets, collars, and more)
- Coloring Pages and Craft Ideas (Bookmarks, Pharoah Mask, Hieroglyphics)
- Sand Paper Art (very cool!)
- Make a Cartouche out of Salt Dough
- One way to make Papyrus, especially if you live near a lake or pond
- Play Senet Online!
Photo Credit: Flickr by Shalom VBS 2010
I also picked up two books on Amazon (I cannot stay away from that place!) that promise to hold lots of ideas for decorating and crafts. Pick up a copy yourself or wait to hear the ideas I glean from mine!
- Spend the Day in Ancient Egypt: Projects and Activities That Bring the Past to Life
- Great Ancient EGYPT Projects: You Can Build Yourself (Build It Yourself)
Oriental Trading Craft Supplies
I picked up a few craft supplies at Oriental Trading such as
- Basket Weaving Boards 24PC $4.99 each (also need yarn)
- Egypt Foam Shapes $7.99.
- I already mentioned the jewels for collars or headbands.
- Pony beads for the Barbershop (1 LB beads $6.99).
I can’t wait for the books to arrive (I’m such a book addict!) to see what ideas they hold. What crafts are you doing?
Check Out the Whole Series:
- Thrifty Egyptian Marketplace
- Thrifty Egyptian Costumes
- Thrifty Egyptian Crafts
- Thrifty Egyptian General Supplies
- Other Egyptian Sites to Check Out
- What I Bought From Group Publishing
- Great Egyptian Books to Use
- Talking with Group Publishing
- Music Videos to use with Egypt VBS
Egypt Photo Credit: Komombo Temple” by Dennis Jarvis via Flicker