- Green umbrellas and carpet rolls make great palm trees. If you want to go really crazy, here are some umbrellas that really look like palm fronds! Here’s another site that’s a little cheaper.
- Carpet rolls also make great pillars
- Often stores like Rite-Aid will clearance tents at the end of the season (those 10×10 pop up ones). These can transform a gym into a vibrant marketplace!
- Get some bricks and a 5 gallon bucket to build a well.
- Think about what you would find… Crocodiles, sand, rivers, camels, pyramids, bugs, gold, baskets, frogs, art, jewelry, pottery, goblets, etc.
Here’s an Animoto video of our Egypt Decorations (much of which was borrowed from other churches, THANK YOU!)
Check out this site too: How to make a palm tree
What are your best decorating ideas? Post a comment and let me know!